Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Beginning


I thought for a long time about what I would title a blog if I ever decided to make one.  So you should know that "Filbert Gallery" was the product of concetration, creativity, and hallucinatory goji berries.  (If you don't believe me about the goji berries, run to your nearest Whole Foods, buy a ridiculously expensive bag of them, and consume an ungodly amount because you are bored during a lecture on regression lines.)  My title may not be edgy, or hipster, or dope, or whatever the chicest descriptor is right now, but it really represents the essential struggle I have faced since becoming a (semi)functional adult.  I am always a step behind everyone else.  For example, my grandma had an iPhone before I did.  

People don't eat peanuts anymore, and I am convinced it's not just people that are allergic to them.  Hazelnuts are way hotter, and I kid you not I heard someone say that in the nut aisle of Trader Joe's once.  However, I don't think Nutella has put in enough effort or been a staple in homes for long enough to give them such esteem place. (I'm lying.  Nutella deserves its own religion.)  So, I only refer to them by the infinitely less cool name: filberts.  This blog is dedicated to people who try so hard to stay on top of things but still manage to wear leggings as pants on a week where society is against it, have gone on a juice cleanse and immediately started binging on doughnuts, write Facebook statuses that the same two people that always like your statuses like and feel ashamed--people who are trying to find a place of togetherness in world that shifts every thirty seconds.  

If you take one thing away from this almost meaningless post, I want you to know that my blog is not about nuts (literally or as a euphamism).  Usually, I will write about crappy T.V. shows, "green" food that I tried to make, good books (because I still believe that people read books), and weird phenomena such as bathroom graffiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment